Fee Waiver for Unemployed
To be specific, if you are an unemployed youth and want to apply for the scheme, you have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria, such as:
- You have to submit an evidence of your unemployment.
- You must be a citizen of the United States or an immigrant to it.
- You should be at least 18 years old.
- You should have decided to take the test from Puerto Rico or United States or US Virgin Islands or Guam.
If you want to get detailed information about the fee waiver for unemployed candidates, you can visit the link http://www.ets.org/gre/news/gre_fee_reduction_unemployed.
Fee Waiver Program for College Seniors
This facility is also available for college seniors i.e. for those GRE aspirants who are studying in the senior year of an undergraduate program, but are not financially sound and need favor of test organizers in the form of a fee reduction while applying for the test. Before such candidates get financial aid, they have to meet certain eligibility criteria such as:
- They must be studying and getting financial aid from a college in the United States and its territories or Puerto Rico.
- These students should be dependent on their parents and should be getting contribution of not more than $1400 from their parents in the senior year of college.
- These students should be self-employed but their financial contribution for the senior year of their college should not be more than $1800.
Fee Waiver Program for Un-enrolled College Graduates
Un-enrolled college graduates are those who have already completed their graduation but are not sufficiently employed and thus, want to take the exam to apply in a college for higher studies. The test supports such category of candidates also and provides them the facility for the waiver program. This step is directed towards reducing the number of unemployed youths in a country. To apply for the fee reduction program, un-enrolled college youths should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- He/she must be self-employed and his/her Institutional Student Information Report (ISIR) must show that his/her earning is not more than $1800.
- He/she should have applied for financial aid from GRE administration.
If you want to get information about the fee waiver for college seniors and un-enrolled college students, you can consult the webpage http://www.ets.org/gre/subject/about/fees/reduction/.
There are several talented students across the world who, no doubt are meritorious but need financial aid to apply for a test and get advancement in their career. Only then, can they get employment and earn a good salary. This will raise their confidence and encourage them to progress more in their life. Alas! This remains a dream at most places but it can be a reality if some renowned test administrators launch programs for fee reduction such as the fee waiver program in the favor of poor students.